September 12, 2011

explorer extraordinaire

Being a new resident to our nation's capital pushes me to explore and use all she's offering.  That was the plan for the weekend, to survey the land, explore and scout the town. We kicked it off quite some distance away in Lancaster, barn-side at a lovely wedding. That isn't surveying the land, you may think. So let's bring it back. Saturday, I jumped on my first-class two wheeler and steered around DC. Shopped a quick minute in Georgetown, passed by monuments and visited the Smithsonian. I love, LOVE riding bikes around the city! I feel fortunate having these facilities in my neighborhood. So watch out! I promise to take full advantage of you.

It ended with a bang. I met another local fashion blogger, Kiara from FUNKIbuddy at the Adams Morgan Day Festival. She is just that-funky! and super sweet. Creative minds are the real deal.

the lincoln memorial
a rendition of the star spangles banner
"why, hello?"
   "uh, buh-bye"




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your e-mail. I try to answer it as soon as possible :)

    Your blog is very interesting! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me miss DC! I love it up there.

    Gabby
    http://stardependentvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for looking at my blog, Nita! I love it if you'd follow me!

    And Gabby, next time you are around, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...